Monday, October 11, 2010

Woodstock, me and Janis Joplin were there

We took a little trip to the little town of Woodstock,  the 1969 concert didn't really take place here, they stopped it from happening in their town, it actually happpened on a dairy farm 70 miles south of here.   Woodstock has been known since the early 1800's for being a place for artist of all kinds to hang out in, Bob Dylan lived here, The Band lived here, neither of those played at Woodstock though.
The town is cute, lots of artist galleries, and schools for different arts, they also claim most of the hippies stayed there after the concert, kind of looks like it.

See I told you me and Janis were in Woodstock, oh.....Bob Marley too!

Carma auto repair, very cool town, we eat a pizza at The Catskill Pizza place, and take a little drive around the Catskills to see the leaves turn, they are close to peak


We decide to find the real place that the music festival known as Woodstock took place, so tomorrow we will go find the dairy farm

2 comments:

  1. you're going down to Yasgur's farm...gonna join a rock and roll band....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did go down to Yasgur's farm, but Janis wouldn't have me, although I do think I do a fine rentition of "Oh Lord, won't you buy me.......

    ReplyDelete