Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Branson, Missouri is where we ended up

We followed the fall foliage through the Ozarks, up from Memphis, very hilly, windy road
This was the exit into Branson, we thought, well isn't this odd, little did we know it would get odder and odder

The first thing we discovered was that traffic was horrendous, and this is on a Thursday, off season, it was bumper to bumper every where we went, and at any time
The next thing we discovered was that our reserved rv site was down a "holler" straight up and down hill and finally sat on a terraced site that I had to hold onto the motor home as I went around it for fear of falling down into that "holler" and never be seen from again
I had just developed a terrible ear infection that had my equilibrium way off, I was dizzy and every time I bent over I thought I was going to fall over, I was not enjoying this place, felt like a little ole lady, well maybe a big ole lady

Anyway out into the crazy world of Branson, this was next door to us, the Titanic, complete with ice berg, OK, so it's just the front section, the rear must have sunk all ready

Any thing and everything that might interest you is in Branson, I thought it was just country music, and it is, they have over 40 stages, but it's much more, if it's been thought of, it's there in Branson

You can zip line off of this Inspirational Tower, or zip line off of any other of the 6 places in Branson

Tons of amusement parks, miniature golf, roller coasters, water parks, everything you can imagine
Silver dollar City is a short distance from Branson and it is a recreated old city with people building log cabins, making candles, and of course rides for the kids

There is even a place where you can go and pay tribute to Princess Di

Tony Orlando and the Lennon Sisters were here, Lawrence would have been proud
The Osmonds were there, Ray Stevens, The Texas Tenors, and yes, even Paul Revere and the Raiders, Paul's button on his lapel says, "Yes, I am alive"

In short, it was hilly, traffic was terrible and Branson was very campy, but none of that mattered because.......

Andy Williams was there!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Branson. I spent my freshman year of college, at the College of the Ozarks. But that was before Branson is what it is today. Pretty area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Paul Revere and the rangers were there. I remember seeing them in high school and had a crush on one of them. I think it was Mark Lindsay. Ooh he was tall and very very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok girls, SERIOUSLY, anything or anywhere associated with the word "holler" makes my butt pucker involuntarily!! Is this where Deliverance was filmed? Or was it Kentucky? Another horrify place. BE VERY NICE to the locals...even though they all have "cousin mama's"

    ReplyDelete