Thursday, November 18, 2010

Whatcha doing so long in Yuma?

Gracie and Timmy have been counting sheep
Chuck and Jerry are having a new brick patio put down

Chuck and Scott discuss the finer points of laying bricks
He can cut those bricks into any shape you want, just like that!
Ken and Jerry keep an eye on what's going on


I'm having my own fun with my PT Cruiser, the engine light comes on, so off to the dealership I go


$300 later the power steering sensor is replaced, so off I go
On the way home from the repair shop, the engine light comes on again!!! So back to the dealership I go

Another $350 and the cam shaft  sensor is fixed, they assure me that they have not caused this sensor to fail

And then.......on the way home another engine light comes on, and back I go, this time I have done my research on the Internet, there are some people who believe that wireless telephone towers are turning these sensors on in certain cars?????
I am ready to put an aluminum foil cap on my car to shield it from unwanted cell phone tower emissions, but they say no, a module failed, $286 later I was good to go

Nothing happens on the way home, Chuck takes me to see Pat's (Bill's Mother) new place just down the street from their place
I like Pat's place, there is a place near here for $25,000 and then you pay 2 to 3 thousand a year for park fees, nice park model homes
Chuck and Jerry  invites us all to Sunday breakfast

Chuck takes me out for a desert run
He's gonna go under the freeway, in a wash out, hold on......

You sure we fit, Chuck??????

Are you sure we can make it up that hill Chuck????
That night, Timmy brings me something back from his foraging in the desert, plops it down in the back of the PT Cruiser like it's the answer to all of our problems
It's a rabbit's foot! My luck has got to change now, no more engine sensor lights!  Chuck and Jerry offer to cut the foot off and dye it pink, but I think I'll pass.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the Cruiser! It should be running like a top now, right? Hey, your ride under the freeway, in the wash-out looked like something really creepy, right out of a Steven King novel. I bet Timmy was SO PROUD of himself for finding you a 'present', even tho I have never seen a rabbit's foot looking quite like that one! Big Jackrabbit, poor thing. Now he's hopping 'round on only one foot. How do Chuck and Jerry's chihuahua's like their desert so far? Has Gracie gotten over having to pee on rocks and ugly dirt yet? She's SUCH the girly-girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck and Jerry's Chihuahua's are right at home here there are just about as many pick up trucks as Chihuahua's, never seen so many in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are y'all going to make it back in time for Thanksgiving at the ocean? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, sadly to say we are not, the PT Cruiser breaking down three times put us out of the running to make it, and the snow didn't help either, we will wait until the snow quiets down and then start home, should be home at least before the 5th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, bummer! Well at least you are surrounded by friends down there. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete